Johnson-Cook Plugin for Abaqus
By Johnson-Cook Plugin for Abaqus, standard handbook data is used to determine Johnson-Cook hardening parameters. Just enter the relevant values of Young’s modulus, Poisson’s ratio, yield stress, offset strain, ultimate stress, and strain at the failure to calculate Johnson-Cook constants of A, B, and n.
If you press the “Yes” button, the plug-in runs a one-element model using this Johnson-Cook material and plots the stress-strain response.
- Determine Johnson-Cook hardening parameters
- Example 1: AL 2024 T351
Installing the Plugin
Extract the contents of the zip folder into a subdirectory of the abaqus_plugins folder, which can either be located in the
- abaqus_dir\code\python\lib\abaqus_plugins where abaqus_dir is the Abaqus parent directory or,
- home directory (in which case the plugin will be available whenever Abaqus is run) or,
- within the current working directory of your Abaqus/CAE session.
The Johnson-Cook Plugin for Abaqus is designed to be compatible with Abaqus/CAE 6.14 and later.
- Version 2016
Who this plugin is for:
- Engineering or science students and professionals who need to calibrate Johnson-Cook parameters
- Advanced students, Ph.D. students, or researchers for their Abaqus FEA projects
- Any Abaqus Application Engineer who is involved with various simulation projects on a daily basis
What you’ll gain
You will be able to calibrate and determine Johnson-Cook parameters
How to find us
Need help? Get a consultation from our experts.