SlopeSR Plugin for Abaqus
The SlopeSR Plugin used the strength reduction method (SRM) to find the factor of safety (FoS) of a slope using the finite element method (FEM). The FoS of a slope can be defined as the factor by which the original shear strength parameters must be discounted to bring the slope to the critical equilibrium state, i.e., the verge of failure. When the strength reduction technique is used to calculate the FOS, it is usually necessary to solve a series of elastic-perfectly plastic problems with the strength parameters and in the Mohr-Coulomb criterion. The plugin is used to solve it in ABAQUS/CAE.
- Obtain safety factors and critical slip surfaces for 2D & 3D slopes.
- Slope stability analysis in geomechanics and geotechnical engineering.
- Example 1: a 2D geometrical model of homogeneous slope
- Example 2: a 3D geometrical model of homogeneous slope
Installing the Plugin
Extract the contents of the zip folder into a subdirectory of the abaqus_plugins folder, which can either be located in the
- abaqus_dir\code\python\lib\abaqus_plugins where abaqus_dir is the Abaqus parent directory or,
- home directory (in which case the plugin will be available whenever Abaqus is run) or,
- within the current working directory of your Abaqus/CAE session.
The Plugin is designed to be compatible with Abaqus/CAE 6.14 and later.
Who this plugin is for:
- Geomechanics and geotechnical engineers who need to perform slope stability analysis
- Advanced students, Ph.D. students, or researchers for their Abaqus FEA projects
- Any Abaqus Application Engineer who is involved with various simulation projects daily
What you’ll gain
- You will be able to perform slope stability analysis by the strength reduction method in Abaqus
Find Us on WeChat
Need help? Get a consultation from our experts.