Abaqus Subroutine: 3D Hashin USDFLD Subroutine for Abaqus
The purpose of this product is to apply the 3D Hashin USDFLD Subroutine for laminated composite material in Abaqus/CAE. Also, it is a validated functional code that you can use in your industrial/academic FEA projects.
- Validated USDFLD subroutine
- Configure Abaqus/CAE for the USDFLD subroutine
- Workshop 1: Compression test simulation
- 3D Hashin vs. Chang & Lessard (1991) failure criterion
- In failure analysis, it is necessary to use failure criteria for materials such as laminated composite materials.
- it is an example of how to write a USDFLD subroutine so you can write any other USDFLD subroutine.
- Any engineer who uses CAE simulation for composite materials.
- Abaqus application engineers.
- Abaqus users.
- Engineering students.
- What is the USDFLD?
USDFLF is a subroutine for the standard solver in Abaqus to customize material behavior using field variables that can be time-dependent or any other material parameter. Writing this type of subroutine is suitable for failure criteria that have instantaneous progressive behavior.
- What is the Hashin criterion?
The Hashin Criteria is a failure criterion that was first developed by Hashin and Rotem and then by Hashin (1980) to predict the failure of laminated composite materials.
- Where and for what materials, it can be used?
This criterion is used for laminated composite materials.
- What failure modes, the Hashin criterion can predict?
This code identifies four damage modes including matrix tension, matrix compression, fiber tension, and fiber compression
- How to check to link Abaqus with the intel FORTRAN compiler?
you can use this code to check Abaqus – intel FORTRAN compiler linking.
- How to set up Abaqus/CAE for the USDFLD subroutine?
This is done in 3 steps:
1- In the property module, in the definition of the material, it is necessary to define the elastic characteristics of the material along with the field variables.
2- Select User Defined Field.
3- In the job module, the general tab, the location of the USDFLD code should be defined.
- How to run Abaqus with USDFLD Subroutine?
First, you need to make sure that the Intel Fortran compiler is linked with Abaqus. Then this is done by defining the location of the USDFLD code in the job module and pressing the run button.
- How to perform compression analysis?
There is a workshop in this package to simulate compression analysis.
- How to visualize the damage results?
In the visualization module, you can see all 4 damage modes using FV1-FV4.
- Can I use this code as an example to develop my own failure criteria?
Yes, you can develop your own failure criteria by changing the equations for each part.
How to find us
Need help? Get a consultation from our experts.