MatLib - Abaqus Material Library
MatLib Abaqus Material Library
The MatLib Abaqus material library contains various constitutive material data that can be used to define the mechanical behavior of materials in Abaqus simulations. Some of the major material data in MatLib Abaqus are:
Elastic Material Data:
The simple elastic material data defines the material behavior using elastic modulus and Poisson’s ratio.
Plasticity Material Data:
Plasticity material data that can capture non-linear plastic deformation behavior. MatLib for Abaqus offers both isotropic and kinematic hardening plasticity material data for metal alloys, polymers, concretes, etc.
Viscoelastic Material Data:
Viscoelastic material data account for both elastic and time-dependent viscous behavior. MatLib Abaqus provides both linear and non-linear viscoelastic material data.
Viscoplastic Material Data:
Viscoplastic material data incorporate both rate-dependent plasticity and time-dependent viscous effects.
Damage Material Data:
Damage material data that can simulate material degradation and failure. MatLib for Abaqus offers continuum damage mechanics and fracture mechanics material data for metals, composites, concretes, etc.
Hyperelastic Material Data:
Hyperelastic material data are useful for simulating the non-linear elastic behavior of rubbers and polymers. MatLib for Abaqus offers several hyperelastic material data based on strain energy density functions.
Geomaterials Material Data:
Special material data for soils, rocks, and other geomaterials. MatLib for Abaqus has material data for rocks, soils, concrete, and asphalt.
Material Data for Abaqus Material Models
MatLib for Abaqus provides a comprehensive set of material models to represent the behavior of metals, polymers, composites, soils, biomaterials, and many other material classes. Abaqus FEA Engineers can choose material data based on the material type and intended application of the FEA simulation.
MatLib Abaqus material library is a new plugin providing instant, clickable access to a general library of materials property data across the Abaqus/CAE, saving simulation time, reducing costs, avoiding errors, and increasing simulation accuracy. A single license gives you access to over 1400+ material data.
Abaqus Material Database for Simulation
How does MatLib help the FEA engineer?
- Time savings
- Access to data
- Standardized data format
- Easy comparison of materials
- Reliable data sources
- Updated data
- Complete data sets
- Potential for automation
- Reduced errors
- Compatible with Abaqus material models
Abaqus Material Property Database
MatLib is a material property database for the Abaqus FEA program. It has a large database of material properties that can be used for simulating the behavior of materials and structures. Some of the main materials and their properties available in MatLib include:
• Steels: Yield stress, ultimate tensile strength, modulus of elasticity, Poisson’s ratio, density, strain hardening behavior, etc. Properties for various types of steel like carbon steel, stainless steel, tool steel, etc.
• Aluminum alloys: Yield stress, ultimate tensile strength, modulus of elasticity, Poisson’s ratio, density, and strain hardening behavior for various aluminum alloys.
• Polymers: Stress-strain curves, tensile properties, modulus of elasticity, Poisson’s ratio, density, and shear modulus for different polymers like PE, PP, PS, nylon, etc.
• Composites: Elastic properties, strength properties, shear properties, fiber and matrix properties for various composite materials like carbon fiber composites, glass fiber composites, etc.
• Concrete: Compressive strength, tensile strength, shear strength, elastic modulus, Poisson’s ratio, density, and stress-strain curves for different grades of concrete.
• Elastomers: Hyperelastic material models and parameters for rubbers, soft plastics, adhesives, sealants, and other elastomers.
• Soils: Cohesion, angle of internal friction, modulus of elasticity, Poisson’s ratio, and density properties for different types of soils.
Material Properties Database
- Supplier datasheets
- Standards and handbooks
- Experimental testing
- Simulation calibration
How to Download MatLib Abaqus Material Library?
To download the MatLib Abaqus materials library, you can proceed in the following two ways:
We offer you three materials datasets for free with academic email. To do this, contact us in the following two ways:
after that, we will send you an INP file including material datasets. all you need is to open it!
We are developing MatLib. The number of material data is increasing every day. Now, it has reached 1400+ materials in different materials classes. Purchasing this plugin has 1-year full support. Contact us to learn more.