Simulation-Driven Product Development of Type IV Filament-Wound Composite Pressure Vessels
Composite pressure vessels produced by the filament winding method have a very complex design process. it is high-tech in today’s industries. There are several methods for winding fibers on cylindrical, spherical, and annular containers. In this case study, composite overwrapped pressure vessels were designed and simulated in finite element software. There are several standards for the design of these vessels, the most famous of which is ASME sec X. In addition, the DNV standard is used when necessary.
- Design-by rule (ASME sec X)
- Lay-up definition
- Static and Dynamic burst pressure
- Thermal Expansion
- Dynamic drop tests and impacts
- Cyclic and fatigue assessment
- Parametric design
- Design of Experiment
- Optimum design
- COPV weight optimization capabilities allowing up to 30% reduction of the composite mass.
Are you interested in it? please contact us