Deep drawing process
One of the deep drawing applications uses it to produce outstanding patterned sheets that are now widely used in manufacturing a variety of devices. Patterned sheets are also widely used in the production and manufacture of metal doors in the construction industry. The production of kitchen sinks is also one of the most common applications of the deep drawing process.
Selection and design of die and punch presses
In order to perform the deep drawing process, press machines with different dimensions and sizes are needed, which are selected depending on the type and shape of the protrusion and depression, as well as the material and thickness of the material used. This process is carried out using a punch and die. The design of the die and punch, as well as the determination of the force required for forming, etc., are the prerequisites for the production of parts with a deep drawing process that must be calculated before production using engineering software.
By simulating the deep drawing process in engineering software, a lot of information can be obtained, some of which is as follows:
- Selecting the material required to produce the part
- Feasibility study of part production
- Calculate the force required to produce the part
- Selecting a press machine to produce special parts
- Calculate the amount of spring return of the part after the process
- Calculate the required force of the sheet clamps
- Process optimization according to different conditions
- Calculate the stress distribution across the part
- Calculate the amount of wrinkling of the edges of the sheet
- Calculate the pressure required in hydraulic presses