Plastic Curve Generator Plugin for Abaqus
The Plastic Curve Generator Plugin
The Plastic Curve Generator plugin helps the Abaqus user to create plastic curves easily. The input data can be either:
- engineering stress-strain curves,
- true total stress-strain curves, or
- true plastic strain-stress curves.
It makes automatically all the conversions needed from the input data, giving the user the total true curve, plastic curve, and output curve, which is obtained according to the selected law. The laws available are:
- Johnson Cook
- Ramberg-Osgood Simplified
- Ramberg-Osgood Modified
- Hockett-Sherby 1
- Hollomon Linear Constant (HLC) 1
The Plastic Curve Generator plugin allows Abaqus users to plot the curves calculated against input data to have a visual comparison and give information about the error, R-square, and Chi-Square (depending on the selected law). In addition, calculates the law parameters to use by the Abaqus application user.
Different ways to obtain the parameters are implemented in the Plastic Curve Generator plugin and for Hockett-Sherby and HLC laws, the plugin makes it easy for the Abaqus user tool to create the specimen to be simulated.
Is a good complement to define material properties for metal forming simulations, like bending simulations coming from the Bending Pipe plugin.
Who this plugin is for:
- Engineering or science students and professionals who need to calibrate metal test data for Abaqus simulations
- Advanced students, Ph.D. students, or researchers for their Abaqus FEA projects
- Any Abaqus Application Engineer who is involved with various simulation projects on a daily basis
What you’ll gain
You will be able to calibrate metal test data by nine methods to use in Abaqus projects
1 Iteration process, simulating a specimen, which allows the creation of a true stress-strain plastic curve in the complete strain range (uniform and non-uniform strains) until fracture.
Need help? Get a consultation from our experts.