Truck collision simulation to 4-story building with steel frame
In this project, the onset and spread of structural failure due to the collision of a truck with one of the main pillars of a 4-story building were investigated. By performing nonlinear dynamic analysis, the effect of the impact of the truck on the mass and different speeds was simulated. Using suitable plasticity models and shear rupture models, the stresses and internal forces created in the structure, including the column that was directly hit, were obtained. To verify the impact of the impact modeling process, the existing laboratory results in the field of a vehicle collision with a steel column were used.
- Determining the area of failure and progressive failure of the building with a steel frame
- Use of ETABS and ABAQUS software
- Determining the resistance of structures to suicide attacks
- Check the collision at different speeds
- Investigating the treatment of various crimes
- Determining weak areas of the structure